Saturday 29 January 2011

Selections..Saturday 29th

What a great card at Cheltenham...sky plus is set as will be at rugby but the bets are on...

1.30 Shakalakaboomboom 2pts win @ 7/2 - Impressive last time and very well thought of at the Henderson yard...I expected him to be 3's or even 5/2.

2.00 Calgary Bay 1pt win @ 8/1 - Like Somersby in the same colours a horse I have watched and followed a lot, likes the course and I simply feel is due a win, competitive race and a fair price.

2.30 NO BET but I would want to be against Punchestowns, just never been convinced about him over fences, be great if he really jumps into the GC picture but I doubt it. None of the other appeal enough though.

3.05 Rock on Ruby 2.5pts win @ £11/2 - Price seems very good to me especially given he is available at 9/2 or 5's in several places, if Nicholls form was better (which is a downer) he would be 7/2 or 4's. Saw him (through the fog) at Newbury last time and he looks an imposing and promising horse. My nap of the day.

3.35 Fair Along 1pt win @ 10/1 & Restless Harry 1pt win @ 9/1 - Big field for the Cleeve and several candidates for whom it is either a trial or a race to decide where (or even if) they go at the Festival. I simply feel both my selections will be there or thereabouts and at the prices I am comfortable with that.

Good luck all!!







No comments:

Post a Comment